Stewart Island Paradise 5 Day Tour
Stewart Island 5 or 6 Day Adventure
Explore Stewart Island, known as Rakiura "the Land of Glowing Skies"
Experience what New Zealand was like before people arrived, a lush sub-tropical paradise providing a haven for unique birdlife & marine mammals.
Iconic Tours run small group, fully guided tours to Stewart Island. We have included in the price at least one guided activity each day, light refreshments and all your accommodation and transport booked for you. You can sit back and enjoy all the best Stewart Island has to offer with the assurance of having our attentive guide with you each day to make sure all goes to plan.
Start in Dunedin (5 Day Tour) or Christchurch or Queenstown (6 Day Tour).
Tour price includes all guided transport, return flights to/from Stewart Island, private accommodation (twin share).
Breakfast included each day (except Day 1). Meals and refreshments are own cost unless otherwise specified.
Day 1. Dunedin City & The Catlins Coast
- Start in Dunedin: Tour Dunedin's interesting and quirky city attractions including Baldwin Street (World's Steepest Street), Olveston Homestead's gardens, the Octagon and Dunedin's beautiful Railway Station.
- Experience the thrill of the wild Catlins Coast, a full-day tour that will visit rugged isolated beaches, enchanting native forest, spectacular waterfalls and rustic villages. This is New Zealand's best kept secret.
- Overnight in private beachfront accommodation at Curio Bay near to the ancient fosil forest, where rare Yellow Eyed Penguins can sometimes be seen.
Day 2. Invercargill & Stewart Island
- We arrive in time for a morning tour of Invercargill, NZ's southern city. We'll introduce you to some local legends and you can enjoy morning tea on the main street.
- After lunch we fly from Invercargill Airport to Stewart Island with Stewart Island Flights (return airfares included). Evening option; local cinema production "A Dog's Tale"
- 3 nights accommodation on Stewart Island is included; private studio (twin share). A variety of accommodation options are possible including Motel, Private Lodge, Luxury/fully catered to Backpackers. Prices are based on private lodge accommodation.
Day 3. Stewart Island Full Day
Now the adventure really begins with our 1st full day on New Zealand's 3rd island.
The following activities are included in the price:
- Full-day small group cruise with Rakiura Charters to explore the Island's diverse coastline. Morning tea onboard the boat is complimentary and interesting commentary provided by Matt your local skipper.
- Our cruise will take us to Ulva Island bird sanctuary in Patterson Inlet. Here we join a well known and much loved guided tour of the island with Ulva's Guided Walks.
- Rakiura Charters will meet us after the Ulva Island tour ends to continue our cruise in Patterson Inlet with a visit to a historic whaling station and opportunity to view Albatross in flight.
Day 4. Stewart Island (2nd Full Day)
Here we have a variety of options for attractions you might be interested in (*some with an additional cost)
- Option 1. Free time to relax on the beaches or take your pick from a variety of short walks around Oban township, or have a game of golf at the Ringaringa short course.
- Option 2. Travel by water taxi to Port William along the Rakiura Track, explore self-guided short walks along the North East circuit and then return by taxi to Halfmoon Bay (included in price)
- Option 3. Sunset Kayak; 1.5 to 2 hour guided sea-kayak experience in the safe haven of Patterson Inlet (additional cost applies).
- Option 3. *Travel by plane (Stewart Island Flights) to Mason Bay. Guided walk to view Kiwi in the wild, then water taxi back to Halfmoon Bay (may depend on tides, additional cost applies).
- Option 4. *Evening Kiwi Spotting Tour; guided walk to view Kiwis at night (additional cost applies).
*Opportunities to combine any or all of the above tours for this 2nd day on Stewart Island
Day 5. Stewart Island to Dunedin (or Queenstown/Christchurch)
Head back to the mainland with Stewart Island Flights and travel back to Dunedin. Or alternatively fly direct Invercargill to Queenstown or Christchurch (airfares not included).
Price (5 Day Tour ex Queenstown or Dunedin): NZ$ 2275 per person
Price (6 Day Tour ex Christchurch): NZ$ POA
*Small Group Tour with Minimum 4 People
*Discounts available for group bookings
Call us now to book: 03 471 2331 or 0800 840 729