Stewart Island Paradise Tour
Stewart Island 5 Day Adventure
NEXT TOUR DEPARTS 8th APRIL 2018 ex DUNEDIN
(other dates may be available on request)
Explore Stewart Island, known as Rakiura "the Land of Glowing Skies"
Experience what New Zealand was like before people arrived, a lush sub-tropical paradise providing a haven for unique birdlife & marine mammals.
Iconic Tours run small group, fully guided tours to Stewart Island. We have included in the price at least one guided activity each day, light refreshments and all your accommodation and transport booked for you. You can sit back and enjoy all the best Stewart Island has to offer with the assurance of having our attentive guide with you each day to make sure all goes to plan.
Start in Dunedin (5 Day Guided Tour) or Christchurch or Queenstown (6 Day Guided Tour).
Tour price includes all transport, return flights to/from Stewart Island, plus 4 nights private accommodation (twin share).
Attractions included in price:
Ulva Island Bird Sanctuary guided tour,
Guided historic whaler's base tour
Pelagic bird watching cruise
Every day accompanied with your own Iconic tour guide.
*Breakfast and light lunch included every day.
*Meals and other refreshments are own cost unless specified.
Day 1. Dunedin City & The Catlins Coast
- Start in Dunedin: Tour Dunedin's interesting and quirky city attractions including Baldwin Street (World's Steepest Street), Olveston Homestead's gardens, the Octagon and Dunedin's beautiful Railway Station
- Experience the thrill of the wild Catlins Coast, a full-day tour of rugged isolated beaches, enchanting native forest, spectacular waterfalls and rustic villages. This is New Zealand's best kept secret.
- Overnight in private beachfront accommodation at Curio Bay near to where the rare Yellow Eyed Penguins arrive back in the evening.
Day 2. Invercargill & Stewart Island
- After a hearty breakfast at Curio Bay, we arrive in time for a morning tour of Invercargill, NZ's southern city. We'll introduce you to some local legends and you can enjoy morning tea on the main street. A tour of New Zealand's sub-Antarctic Region at Southland Museum is also an option.
- After lunch we fly from Invercargill Airport to Stewart Island with Stewart Island Flights (return airfares included). Evening option; local cinema production "A Dog's Tale"
- 3 nights accommodation on Stewart Island is included; your own double or twin room in our private holiday lodge. A variety of accommodation options are possible including Motel Studio, Spa Room, 5-star Luxury Lodge.
*Prices are based on private lodge accommodation.
Day 3. Stewart Island Full Day
Now the adventure really begins with our 1st full day on Stewart Island.
The following activities are included in the price:
- Full-day small group cruise with Rakiura Charters to explore the Island's diverse coastline. Morning tea onboard the boat is complimentary and interesting commentary provided by your local skipper.
- Our cruise will take us to Ulva Island bird sanctuary in Patterson Inlet. Here we join a well known and much loved guided tour of the island with Ulva's Guided Walks.
- Rakiura Charters will meet us after the Ulva Island tour ends to continue our cruise in Patterson Inlet with a visit to a historic whaling station and opportunity to view Albatross in flight.
- If you prefer, try your hand at catching fish on a small fishing boat charter. Blue cod is known as one of NZ's best eating fish and is abundant in Stewart Island waters. We often catch enough for everyone to have fresh blue cod for dinner!
Day 4. Stewart Island (2nd Full Day)
Here we have a variety of options for attractions you might be interested in (*some with an additional cost)
Option 1. Free time to relax on the beaches or take your pick from a variety of short walks around Oban township, or have a game of golf at the Ringaringa short course.
Option 2. Travel by water taxi to Port William along the Rakiura Track, explore with your guide short walks along the North East circuit and then return by walking or water taxi to Halfmoon Bay (included in price)
Option 3. *Sunset Kayak: 1.5 to 2 hour guided sea-kayak experience in the safe haven of Patterson Inlet (included in price).
Option 4. *Evening Kiwi Spotting Tour: water taxi to start of track for guided walk to view Kiwis at night (additional cost applies).
Option 5. *Freshwater Inlet River Cruise: the perfect way to explore a unique part of the island without the tramping
*Opportunities to combine some of the above tours for this 2nd full day on Stewart Island
Day 5. Stewart Island to Dunedin
Head back to the mainland with Stewart Island Flights and travel back to Dunedin. Or alternatively fly direct Invercargill to Queenstown or Christchurch (airfares not included).
Price (5 Day Tour ex Dunedin) NZ$ _____ please inquire
Price (6 Day Tour ex Christchurch): NZ$ same as above but add 1 night Dunedin accommodation
*Small Group Tour with Minimum 2 People
*Price based on twin share accommodation
*Discounts may be available for group bookings
Call us now to book: 03 472 7776 or 0800 840 729